To understand fully the essence of these complementary and alternative medicine, first we have to define them. Complementary medicine is defined as a method or procedures that uses traditional and conventional medication. This means that any patient or sick person that is treated with this method is using complementary medicine, a much cheaper way than buying expensive medication for a particular illness. While alternative medicine is based on cultural not scientific, the use of herbs to heal wounds and as pain relievers. So both combined, they are a healing practice that does not use the modern medicine, for example, aromatherapy, it uses the herbs to heal.
Advantages of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Some Arguments Against Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- There are no scientific evidences that the therapies are effective and successful. In short, there are no scientific explanations of its success.
- Safety issues, since there are no scientific explanations regarding its effectiveness and success, some people and experts thinks that this is not safe.
- There are no proper provisions and approval of the use of complementary and alternative medicine.
Diseases that are Currently Treated by Complementary and Alternative Medicine
The use of complementary and alternative medicine is really increasing and due to some tests and experiments these diseases are currently using complementary and alternative medicine as treatments.
- Asthma – Treated by various methods like, herbal medicine, acupuncture, yoga and hypnotherapy.
- Dental Pain – Treated with acupuncture
- Arthritis – Treated with cupping therapy with herbal therapy and nutrition
- Infertility is also treated with cupping therapy with acupuncture
- Cancer is also treated various therapies
Now that you know the definition, advantages and factors against complementary and alternative medicine. It is up to you to judge. Some people says that it is a good and cheap way of healing while some are not convince. As long as it benefits human life it is good I think. The use of complementary and alternative medicine is up to the persons judgement.
Incoming search terms:
- complementaryandalternativemedicines net
- alternative medicine is cheaper
- arguments against alternative medicine
- how might the use of a complementary and alternative medicine model serve as a paradigm shift
- alternative medicine cheaper
- is complemetary medicine cheaper?
- complementary and alternative medicine industry
- cheaper alternatives to medicines
- cheaper alternative medicines